Rotary International is the world’s first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide. Rotary club members are volunteers who work locally, regionally, and internationally to combat hunger, improve health and sanitation, provide education and job training, promote peace, and eradicate polio under the motto Service Above Self.
Founded in 1905 by Paul Harris, a Chicago attorney who wanted to encourage among his business acquaintances the fellowship he had known in his boyhood days in a small town in Vermont.
Service and fellowship are the hallmarks of Rotary and Rotarians Worldwide. The Rotary motto is “Service Above Self.”
Rotarians must accept and practice the “FOUR-WAY TEST” of the things they think, say, or do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIP?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Rotary Internation has some great videos about getting to know Rotary.
- Take a walk through The Organization of Rotary
- Learn about the Responsibilities of Club Membership
- Focus on Rotary’s Guiding Principles
- Find out more about the wide variety of RI Programs
- Get down to business with The Rotary Foundation
- Help us meet Rotary’s US$200 Million Challenge
- Be present and accounted for at all of our Key Meetings
- The Future of Rotary
Go here to get started: